Saturday, August 29, 2009
This is a gross but funny dip to serve at your Halloween themed gathering. Gross - but delish!
1 Small Pumpkin
Prepared Guacamole or Avocado Dip (recipes below)
Chips (Your Choice)
1. Gut and carve your pumpkin as if it were puking.
2. Place your pumpkin centered to the back of your serving tray.
3. Puddle your dip in front of the pumpkin.
4. Surround the pumpkin and dip with chips.
.Avocado & Guacamole Recipes.
4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 ripe, medium Roma tomato, seeded, diced
1/2 cup minced sweet white onion
2 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
Hot pepper sauce
Sea salt, to taste
White pepper, to taste
1. Cut avocado in large chunks and mash coarsely in large bowl with a fork.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend gently; leaving some small chunks is fine.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning with more pepper sauce, salt and pepper if desired.
4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/8 tsp. ground cumin
3 drops hot pepper sauce
1. Using a fork, coarsely mash avocado with lemon juice and garlic.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients to blend.
.Easy Avocado Dip.
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
3 large avocados
garlic salt (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste)
tabasco (optional - to taste)
1. Peel and mash avocados.
2. Add the cream cheese and mix well.
3. Add seasonings to your preferred taste.
4 ripe avocados
3 limes, juiced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 serrano chiles, sliced thinly
1 big handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Halve and pit the avocados. Scoop out the flesh with a tablespoon into a mixing bowl.
2. Mash the avocados with a fork, leaving them somewhat chunky.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, and fold everything together to gently mix.
4. Lay a piece of plastic wrap right on the surface of the guacamole so it doesn't brown and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
1 cup finely diced red bell pepper
4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 cup small cherry tomatoes (cut in halves or quarters, if large)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp. chopped, fresh thyme leaves or ½ of that amount dried thyme
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Set aside a small amount of the diced red peppers for garnish.
2. Coarsely mash (DO NOT PUREE) avocados; stir in lemon juice.
3. Fold in remaining ingredients.
4. Top with reserved tomatoes and serve.
(Sources: Myself, Divine Dinner Party, Avocado.ORG)