yellow Laffy Taffy
green candy melts
dark chocolate candy melts
1. Make the hats with a Hershey Kiss and half of an Oreo. Put the filling side of the cookie down and stick the Hershey Kiss to the top with a bit of melted almond bark or candy melts.
2. For the brooms you need pretzel sticks and yellow Laffy Taffy. Flatten the taffy and cut it in half horizontally. Cut fringe into the bottom 2/3 with sharp scissors and wrap the un-fringed part around the pretzel stick.
3. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. Melt some green candy melts and some dark chocolate candy melts (separately) in your microwave according to package directions. You won’t need much of the dark chocolate, just enough to do small spoonful per witch. I melted an entire bag of green, and had enough to do about 2 dozen witches, so use that to decide how much to melt.
4. Spoon some green candy on the wax paper and spread into a circle with your spoon. If you are going to bag these up later, keep the bag size in mind. You don’t want to make these too big to fit. Spoon a small amount of dark chocolate over the green, and swirl it with a knife.
5. Place one hat and one broom on each green/black melted witch. Place pan in the refrigerator to set.
(Source: Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)