1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry
3 cups filling of your choice (savory or sweet)
1 egg, beaten
red food coloring
1. Thaw puff pastry according to package’s directions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Divide each sheet of puff pastry lengthwise into 6 strips. Lightly flour an expansive counter or other surface and lay each strip next to one another. Press and seal the seams between strips.
3. Spread your filling of choice down the entire length of the dough, leaving a bit of space on each side to pinch closed.
4. Pinch the entire length of the dough closed, stretching the dough slightly around the filling as you go.
5. Carefully lift intestine onto baking sheet, seam-side down, and form an “intestine-like” pattern.
6. Brush puff pastry with beaten egg. Dip small paintbrush into red food coloring and draw ”blood” in the creases.
7. Bake about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
(Source: The Knead for Speed)