Prep Time: 10–20 minutes
Yield: 5–6 servings
5–6 large salad tomatoes
2 C chopped cooked chicken (I used First Street Chicken Thighs)
1 C celery, chopped
2 T chives (or green onions), chopped
1/3 C slivered almonds, chopped
1/3 C shredded cheese (I used freshly grated First Street cheddar chunk cheese)
1/3 C mayo
1/3 C ranch
1. If you don’t already have cooked chicken, you’ll obviously need to cook that first.
2. Start by chopping ingredients: chicken, celery, chives, and slivered almonds. Then, grate cheese.
3. In a small bowl, combine chicken, celery, chives, almonds, cheese, mayo, and ranch. Stir until well-combined.
4. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out the tomato pulp and seeds, leaving about a 1/4 — 1/2-inch tomato shell.
5. Then, spoon chicken salad mixture into the tomato shells and serve on a bed of lettuce.
Most people already have their own favorite way of making chicken salad, if this way doesn't sound too appealing, make it your way and stuff it into the jack'ed tomatoes! ;)
(Source: Mom Endeavors)