Sunday, September 20, 2009
Got a photo of this? Submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This will make 6 servings, 2 mini pizzas each.
3 large pitted ripe olives, each sliced into 4 rings 3 large pitted ripe olives, each sliced into 4 rings
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
1 large green pepper 1 large green pepper
1 teaspoon oregano 1 teaspoon oregano
1-1/2 cups bottled pizza sauce, divided 1-1/2 cups bottled pizza sauce, divided
2 tablespoons soft margarine, divided 2 tablespoons soft margarine, divided
1 package (6 count) English muffins, split 1 package (6 count) English muffins, split
1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped onion 1/3 cup chopped onion
1 pounds ground chicken
1. Heat frypan to medium-high temperature. Add ground chicken and onion; cook, stirring, until all red is gone, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
2. With aluminum foil, cover 10-1/2 by 15-1/2-inch baking pan. Spread each muffin half with 1/2 teaspoon margarine and arrange in single layer on prepared pan. Spread heaping tablespoon pizza sauce on each muffin half. Cover generously with ground chicken and onion; sprinkle with oregano.
3. Cut 12 slivers of green pepper into "smiling" mouth shapes and set aside; chop remaining pepper and sprinkle on pizzas. Mix together Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; sprinkle generously on mini-pizzas.
4. Place in 450 degrees F. oven about 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. Make mask face on each pizza by using 2 ripe olive rings for eyes and pepper slice for mouth. Turn some slices up for smiles and some down for frowns.
(Source: Family Oven)