Sunday, September 20, 2009
This will serve about 8-10, about 3 per person. Increase as needed.
1 lb cocktail franks
6-8 flour tortillas
ketchup and/or mustard
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut a wedge into the end of each cocktail wiener to make a flat toenail.
2. Cut the tortillas into strips about 4 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Discard the ends.
3. Soften the strips in the microwave between damp paper towels for 10 to 30 seconds.
4. Roll each wiener in a tortilla strip around one end and secure with a toothpick.
5. Place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove them from the oven, then fill the toenail with ketchup or mustard. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
(Source: Family Oven)