Sunday, September 13, 2009
Got a photo of this? Submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This will make about 12 Snack-O-Lanterns.
3 tbs butter or margarine
1 pkg (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- or -
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies®
w/ Red & Yellow food coloring
- or -
Orange Decorating gel
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2 cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into slightly flattened ball. Cool. Decorate with frosting and/or candies for pumpkin faces. Individually wrap in plastic wrap. Best if served the same day.
* MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
* For best results, use fresh marshmallows. 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
* Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
* Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
* To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.