Sunday, September 13, 2009
Melted chips and a cookie cutter are all you need to create the wow for simply delicious cupcakes. This recipe makes 24 cupcakes.
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup butterscotch chips, melted
1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place 12-inch sheet of waxed paper on cookie sheet; mark an 8-inch square on waxed paper. Alternately place spoonfuls of melted chocolate and butterscotch on waxed paper. With small spatula, swirl together for marbled effect, spreading to an 8-inch square. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
3. Remove from refrigerator; let stand about 10 minutes or until slightly softened. Use 1 1/2-inch leaf cookie cutter to make 24 leaf cutouts. Carefully remove cutouts from paper with spatula; place on another waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 5 minutes.
4. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with leaf cutouts. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
* Variation: Use your favorite flavor Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® cake mix for the cupcakes.
(Source: Campbell's Kitchen)