Monday, September 21, 2009
This makes 40 eyeballs.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
12 ounces white dipping chocolate
1/2 cup mini chocolate chip
blue food coloring
1. Cream the butter and peanut butter together.
2. Beat in the vanilla and sugar.
3. Chill for 1/2 hour.
4. Roll into small balls, chill on wax paper for another 1/2 hour.
5. In a microwave, melt the white dipping chocolate.
6. Using two spoons dip the eyeballs into the white chocolate.
7. Let cool on waxed paper until firm. Chilling will speed up the process.
8. Pour a drop or two of blue food coloring into the remaining melted chocolate.
9. Make a round iris on the eyeball, and immediately press a miniature chocolate chip in the center for a pupil, doing 5 at at time.
10. For the bloodshot effect, dip the tiny end of a toothpick (or a new clean paintbrush) in red food coloring and squiggle the lines from the pupil outward, but not quite to the edges of the ball.
* White dipping chocolate is also known as white bark.
* You will probably need more dipping chocolate (white bark) than 12 oz. so buy extra to be safe.
(Source: Family Oven)