Monday, September 21, 2009
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust
2 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin wedges
1 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended. Pour into crust.
2. BAKE 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
3. MIX apples and water in medium saucepan; cook 4 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently. Add 2 Tbsp. sugar and the cinnamon; mix lightly. Serve spooned over cheesecake. Store leftover cheesecake and apple mixture, separately, in refrigerator.
* Shortcut: Prepare as directed, substituting 1 cup canned apple pie filling for the cooked homemade apple topping.
* Food Facts: The following apple varieties are tart in flavor and suitable for cooking - Granny Smith, Winesap, Pippin and Cortland.
(Source: Kraft Foods)