Sunday, September 20, 2009
Makes 5 quarts.
4 cups Cranberry juice cocktail
1 cup Chopped candied ginger (1-jar)
3 medium Oranges
1 12oz. can frozen apple-juice
2 cup Seedless grapes
4 cups water
pac. lime ade
2 Bottles (32 oz each) ginger-ale
1. In a 1 to 2 quart pan, bring 1 cup of cranberry juice and candied ginger to a boil over high heat. Boil, uncovered, about 2 minutes, set aside.
2. With a vegetable peeler, pare peel (colored part only) from oranges; cut peel into 2-inch-long strips (worms).
3. Add orange peel to the cranberry mixture. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or as long as overnight.
4. Juice oranges; put juice in a 6 to 8 quart pan or heavy bowl. Stir in cranberry-ginger mixture, the 3 cups cranberry juice, apple concentrate, limeade, grapes and water.
5. If made ahead, cover and chill up to 2 hours. Add ginger ale. Ladle into cups.