Monday, September 21, 2009
This makes 8 servings, increase recipe as needed.
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 large apples, cut into quarters
1/4 cup PLANTERS Slivered Almonds
1. BEAT cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well.
2. CUT thin wedge in peel side of each apple piece; fill with 1 tsp. cream cheese mixture. Insert 4 to 6 nuts in cream cheese mixture in each apple to resemble teeth.
3. SPOON remaining cream cheese mixture into serving bowl. Serve with apples for dipping.
* Substitution: Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.
* Store any leftovers in covered container in refrigerator.
(Source: Kraft Foods)