Monday, September 21, 2009
2-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Grape Flavor Gelatin
10 plastic cups (6 oz.)
1-1/4 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Decorations, such as Mini OREO Bite Size Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, black shoestring licorice, worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks and candy corn
1. STIR 1-1/4 cups of the boiling water into the dry orange gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved; pour into lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Repeat with remaining 1-1/4 cups boiling water and dry grape gelatin in separate bowl. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until firm.
2. CUT gelatin in each pan into 1/2-inch cubes. Place 1/4 cup of the orange cubes in each plastic cup; cover each with 1 Tbsp. of the whipped topping and 1/4 cup of the grape gelatin cubes. Top each with an additional 1 Tbsp. of the remaining whipped topping.
3. MELT chocolate as directed on package; cool slightly. Pour into small resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut a small corner off of one of the bottom corners of bag; squeeze chocolate over whipped topping to resemble spider webs or other Halloween shapes. Add decorations as desired.
* Before filling cups, pipe 1 square melted chocolate onto inside of each cup to make a design or write a spooky message such as "boo." Refrigerate cups until chocolate is firm, then fill as directed.
* How to Make Spider Webs and OREO® Spiders: For spider webs, use 1 square melted chocolate to draw a cross on the whipped topping, then draw an "x" on the center of the cross; connect all ends of lines with additional melted chocolate to resemble a spider's web. For the "spiders," separate 10 OREO Cookies. Drizzle the filled halves with the remaining melted chocolate. Attach 8 (1/2-inch) pieces of black shoestring licorice to the chocolate on each cookie. Reassemble cookies. Cool completely. Place spiders on top of spider webs just before serving.
* How to Make Ghosts: Drop whipped topping by spoonfuls onto each dessert to resemble a ghost. Add 2 miniature chocolate chips to each for the "eyes."
(Source: Kraft Foods)