Sunday, September 13, 2009
6 Frozen Texas Rolls Dough, Thawed
6 3-inch squares aluminum foil
6 hot dogs
12 black peppercorns
1 egg beaten
6 3-inch red bell pepper strips
1. Roll each roll into a 15-inch snake, leaving one end a little thicker for the head.
2. Using a knife and a toothpick, cut slashes and poke holes to decorate the body of the snake.
3. On larger end of snake poke holes for the nose and slice a 1 1/2-inch opening for the mouth.
4. Crinkle up the aluminum foil and place in mouth to wedge it open during baking.
5. Cut slashes across the tail section to resemble a rattler.
6. Wrap snake around a frank and place on a large sprayed baking sheet.
7. Poke holes for eyes and press peppercorns into them.
8. Brush well with egg and let rise for 15 minutes.
9. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Place on a cooling rack and carefully remove foil.
11. Cut your red bell into the 6 3-inch strips, wide enough to resemble the snake's tongue. Cut an inverted V on one end for extra effect.
12. Poke your red bell pepper tongue into the throat.
13. Serve hot with mustard or ketchup.
(Source: AOL Food)