Sunday, September 20, 2009
This makes 8 servings - increase recipe as needed.
2 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 cup water
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce, divided
4 sticks KRAFT STRING-UMS String Cheese, cut into quarters
4 pitted large black olives, cut into 4 slices each
1 pkg. (1 lb.) spaghetti
1. HEAT oven to 375ºF.
2. MIX meat, stuffing mix, water, eggs and 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Shape into 16 (2-inch) meatballs. Insert 1 cheese piece into top of each meatball, with end of cheese piece just showing at top. Place on baking sheet. Top each with olive slice to resemble eyeball.
3. BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until meatballs are done (160ºF). Meanwhile, cook spaghetti and heat remaining spaghetti sauce as directed on package and jar.
4. DRAIN spaghetti. Serve topped with meatballs and sauce.
* Substitution: Prepare using 2 pkg. (16 oz. each) thawed frozen LOUIS RICH Pure Ground Turkey instead of ground beef.
* You can use frozen meatballs as well, make as directed. Place cheese pieces on microwavable tray, microwave on high for a few seconds until melted. Scoop up with a butter knife and place onto your meatballs, add olive slice.
(Source: Kraft Foods)