Sunday, September 13, 2009
1/4 cup butter(plus a little extra to grease the pan)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
2/3 cup fresh pumpkin seed, washed, dried and toasted
1. Line a 9X13 inch pan with foil or parchment and grease with extra butter.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir in sugar and corn syrup, and bring to a boil.
4. Stir constantly(or edges of pan will burn) 5-8 minutes until mixture reaches 280 on a candy thermometer.
5. Stir in pumpkin seeds.
6. Pour mixture quickly into prepared pan, if necessary spread with back of a greased spoon.
7. Let cool completely until hardened. Break into pieces as desired.
(Source: Black Cat Cafe & Bakery)